Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I have a sleepover hangover!

The sleepover went pretty well last night. The girls got along well. That means no crying, but lots of squealing and screaming. Reese tried to join the party, but ended up being the quintessential annoying little sister. I put her to bed and she woke up at midnight to go potty and begging to rejoin the big girls. Her begging entailed her just crying "I Promise!" over and over again. I ended up caving and allowing her to bring her pillow and blanket and sleep on the floor with the big girls. They were all already asleep, but that didn't matter to her. She was participating.

We ordered a pizza for the girls to have for dinner. It was snowing pretty hard outside, so we knew the pizza places were going to be busy. Danny went to the Papa John's website at 4:15 to place a future order (he wanted to set the pizza to be delivered at 6pm). The website wasn't working, so I called in the order. The guy taking the order told me that they were swamped and that the order would take at least an hour and a half. I looked at the clock and realized that it was now 4:30 and we should receive the pizza at 6 just like we wanted. We were still getting everything ready for our sleepover guests, set to arrive at 5, when the doorbell rang at 4:45 we thought they were early. To our surprise, the Papa John's delivery guy was standing there with our pizzas! Danny was mad and wanted to call the store to complain. I'm sure that would have gone over well! "I was told that my pizzas would take an hour in a half, but you guys delivered them in 15 minutes. I demand a refund!" LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment